Pay Per ClickUsing (PPC) Advertising like Google Adwords is a great way to increase traffic to your website.
Pay Per Click
Pay Per Click advertising is one of the services offered by Spider Choice and we recommend it be included as a part of your web marketing solutions.
Positive Features – easy to set up accounts
- ads can start showing in couple of hours
- you decide which position you would like to be listed in and yes that includes #1
- you can control your daily or monthly budgets
- you only pay when someone clicks on your ad
Negative Features – you do pay when someone clicks on your Ad
- the click thruough rate of PPC is drastically lower than the organic listings
- can be fairly time-consuming especially if you are not experienced
- the more popular the keyword the more expensive the click on your ad
Although all search engines offer pay per click advertising, just like the organic listings the majority of traffic comes from Google, Yahoo and MSN and their partner networks.
- Google network includes Google, AOL, Netscape, Ask Jeeves, Earthlink, Lycos and many more.
- Yahoo network includes Yahoo, Alltheweb, infospace, Excite, CNN, Altavista, Overture and many more.
- MSN network includes MSN Search Engine only.
And of course the king of PPC is Google and their pay per click program called AdWords. Not only does it bring the most traffic by far but it is very user friendly with many basic and advanced features.
Google AdWords software was built so that someone with a basic understanding of web marketing could get ads up and running and of course using it, which is how they generate most of their revenue. So you must be wondering why if it is that easy you would pay for a company like Spider Choice to manage your campaigns.
Because you pay every time someone clicks on your listing you need to make sure that you understand all the complexities of Internet Marketing especially in regard to PPC. We get clients telling us they spent a lot of money on PPC, but didn’t feel like the actual sales justified the cost.
This is possible, but more than likely they just couldn’t figure out how to use pay per click properly.
Spider Choice has many years experience and we can either advise you on how to set up your own or if you don’t have time to manage your PPC, we can help.
Because the click through rate of pay per click advertising is drastically lower than the organic listings make sure you don’t fall in love with your PPC advertising. Many web owners who are unable to get their site optimized for one reason or another like the fact that they can control their PPC themselves and never get out of this habit which is not a good long term approach
to Internet Marketing.
Google AdWords Terminology – This is a good article if you wish to understand more about basic terms used for PPC advertising.
Frequently Asked Questions about SEO & SEM
Click here for a free quote!
At Spider Choice we're hands-on SEO experts proudly serving Toronto, Canada, USA and Mexico.